Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Family Vacation 2014

HTML email (kfmyblog.blogspot.com)Whew! I know I'm not the only one who needs a vacation AFTER my vacation, right? This month has been a whirlwind of healthy-eating, soccer-playing, kindergarten-graduation, and general end-of-schooling, so when my mother-in-law suggested we all convene in the mountains of Tennessee for a short family vacation, we jumped at the chance. Being a half-day drive from Gatlinburg and the Great Smokey Mountains, we have made this trip quite often, but it's always an enjoyable one!

Our first priority, at least according to Sean, was finding a couple of go-kart tracks so he could live out his Mario-Kart fantasies. True story- I am hell on wheels in real life, and I have multiple speeding tickets to prove it, but I am a big chicken when it comes to go-karts. Luckily, the family "needed" someone to take pictures, so I was happy to oblige. I don't think Sean's ever been happier! I've got to find a go-kart track closer to home!



Later in the afternoon, we headed out to the Aquarium of the Smokies for more family fun. Unfortunately, Sean seemed to think he was still of the tracks and FLEW through the exhibits, so I have no photos of him in there, but here are some of my favorite pics Curtis managed to capture.



After dinner that night, we headed into the "Holler" for some moonshine tasting (and maybe buying!). The Ole Smokey Moonshine Distillery was a TON of fun. Unfortunately, it was so crowded it was impossible to get good photos. We were crammed elbow-to-elbow at the tasting table, but it was totally worth it. We sampled all THIRTEEN available flavors, and our awesome moonshiner Frank threw in a couple of extra "shots" as well. There are some photos of the debauchery on my Instagram feed and I think the multiple distilleries that have opened recently are a great addition to downtown Gatlinburg. But maybe that's just the lush in me.

Later this week, I will share a little more from our trip. Truth be told, I didn't do any "fashion shoots" because I lived in the same pair of distressed denim shorts and t-shirts all weekend long.  However, I can't recommend these denim shorts from Old Navy enough. They were the perfect length, perfectly broken in, all that good stuff. If I can find them on sale again, I will definitely snatch up another pair! Click on any photo below for shopping info!




So what are YOU doing this summer!??
- Repost by kfmyblog.blogspot.com -
Source::http://www.hemsforher.com/2014/05/family-vacation-2014.html

No comments:

Post a Comment